Thursday, September 24, 2009

Human will!!

There is this movie which i must have seen at least 5 times!! It goes by the name of "Forrest Gump. I dont like it for the acting, but for the idea that if a man puts his mind to it, he can achieve anynthing! Now, after a working weekend and some deadlines met and waiting for yet another working weekend, today was one of the lighter business days at A-L! For me, it started with getting a regular update from rediff. They were running a feature on the real heoes and had a write up on Flight Lt. MP Anil Kumar. Now, here was a name whose name I could instantly recognise because he writes regulary on strategic and defence affairs and I have always liked his style of writing for the simple reason that he knows how to keep it simple, unlike most other writers of his cadre. The article carried a mini biography and started with the fact that he has been paralysed below his neck since the age of 24 due to an accident. Now, that was an aspect which I never knew. I read and re-read the article and was simply overawed! Its not just the aspect of him working with a disability (i hate this word, but my limited vocab didnt give me alternative), but the idea of completely re-orienting himself at the age of 24. Now, I may not be able to relate to him, but I can try to imagine the passion in him of flying a jet and a realisation that he could not do it anymore! Re-orienting himself to have such a good command over his subject matter is something thats truly inspirational. The article does not tell us much on that front, but it sure had its impact. Any ways, i decided to send him a mail ! I got a prompt reply which I will reproduce

" My dear Kaustubh,



Many, many thanks for your mail and the generous words. Please convey my regards to your folks. I hope life at your end is cruising on an even keel.
Cheers ............... MP"


Now, at A-L, we sure have our fair share of problems! But, at the root of the problems is the difficulty we face in re-adjusting or rather re-orienting from finely tuned life in earlier assignments ("processes")! But, it ain't impossible is it?? Thanks MP, you are truly our hero! And yes sir, now life definitely seems to be cruising on even keel!

till nxt time!

No comments:

Post a Comment