Sunday, September 20, 2009

My li'l project, processes and more

Disclaimer: This is not an attempt to advertise my setup. For that, you should visit http://www.adhritlegal.in/. Of course, as of now, you will be greeted by what seems to be my eternal status : 'Page Under construction'.

I have always wanted to mantain a blog. Primarily, its because I end up having an opinion on almost everything! During my student days, my buddies bore the brunt (earning me my nickname 'poruu'! During the initial years in professional life, my office colleagues got their share of piece of my mind (even my boss, who did seem to have some patience). Now, as I spend hours of solitude in my small cabin, with inteaction with outside world strictly on professional matters, I thought that this is the right place to vent out my views.. I want to speak about a lot of things. About the problems I face in day to day operations of my setup, about dealing with munshis and babus, about the nautanki that is the austerity drive, about how I feel that we will fight a war with china sooner or later, about INS arihant, about sources of professional gossips and infos, about the books that I want to buy for my setup, about my eternal need to get out of Delhi, etc, etc. So, friends, romans and countrymen, lend me your ears.

I realise that I am not bound by a process any more. Job, or committed association with any firm, is being part of a process that someone has worked very hard to create! It is a process tuned for generating max revenue for what is invested on you! Of course, as u rise, u shape the process as per your requirement or the requirements of your organisation. A 930-730 commitment is a major component of that process and efficiency and success of the process is dependent on your availability for the same. But, the question that I asked myself repeatedly is whether is it possible to create a process where the stakeholders (clients, associates, admin) have the flexibility of creating their own sub-processes which you direct? And all this without losing control or direction of process.. Is it possible to have worktimings of your convenience without missing the deadlines? Is it possible to work as a team, while enjoying an occassional break from the team? What does it take to create a new process and can a succeful process be replicated? I have read about these things, but now, will find the answers by creating my own process. Of course, will try to update you with my new discoveries and realisations and will hope that if you are reading this, you would like to place a comment............

till nxt tme!

No comments:

Post a Comment